In this episode, Bob interviews Professor Andrew Bacevich (@AndrewBacevich) about the extraordinary involvement in electoral politics by Trump and the military, the military public repudiation of the president, racial and hate group problems in the armed forces, civil-military relations, the appoint of General Lloyd Austin as Defense Secretary, what to expect from Biden’s foreign policy team–essentially putting the Obama band back together–the nuclear deal with Iran, the insane attacks on Cuba, and a new Cold War between the U.S. and China.
Listen in: https://bit.ly/MilitaryTrumpGandR
Andrew Bacevich is an emeritus professor at Boston University and President of the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft. He’s also the author of several books on U.S. foreign policy and one of the foremost critics of America’s war and interventionism for decades now. He is also a retired colonel in the U.S. Army, armored cavalry. And he’s a frequent columnist in The Nation, as well as many other publications.
- Bob Buzzanco: This Is Not a Coup (http://bit.ly/35txgYW)
- Bob Buzzanco: Swipe Left on the Democrats and Electoral Politics (http://bit.ly/3oxv7my)
- The Nation: Civilian Control Means More Than Just Wearing a Suit to Work (http://bit.ly/3oP8Dh5)
- The Nation: Will Biden Finally End the War in Afghanistan? (http://bit.ly/38LwvN0)
Professor Bacevich’s publications//
- The pentomic era : the US Army between Korea and Vietnam. Washington DC: National Defense University Press.
- American Empire: The Realities and Consequences of US Diplomacy (Harvard University Press, 2004)
- The New American Militarism: How Americans Are Seduced by War (Oxford University Press Inc, U.S., 2005)
- The Long War: A New History of U.S. National Security Policy Since World War II (Columbia University Press, U.S., 2007)
- Washington Rules: America’s Path to Permanent War (Macmillan, U.S., 2010)
- Breach of Trust: How Americans Failed Their Soldiers and Their Country (Henry Holt and Co., 2013)
- America’s War for the Greater Middle East: A Military History (Random House, 2016)
- Twilight of the American Century (University of Notre Dame Press, 2018)
- The Age of Illusions: How America Squandered Its Cold War Victory (Metropolitan Books, 2020)