Green and Red is excited to share this webinar from the No 2 APEC Climate Bloc from Oct 11th. A movement of movements is coming together to resist the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation’s (APEC) summit in San Francisco (Nov. 13-18). APEC will be a huge summit that includes 21 heads of state, 1200 CEOS and over 30,000 delegates and corporate lobbyists.
The Climate Bloc organized this webinar to showcase how APEC is going to divvy up the global economy for the 1% and continue to greenwash the climate crisis; but, more importantly, show how a fierce resistance is forming.
- Supriya Patel – organizer with Fridays for Future Sacramento,
- Val Costa – with Climate Defenders and key organizer of the Wave of Actions and March for the End the Era of Fossil Fuels Mobilization in NYC,
- Narissa Lee – with the San Francisco Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines and key organizer with the No 2 APEC Coalition;
- Isabella Zizi- organizer with Idle No More SF Bay Area and Movement Rights
- David Solnit – arts organizer and one of the lead organizers of the WTO Shutdown in 1999.