Top 9 reasons to become a silky smooth Patron of Green and Red.
- Interviews with the biggest thinkers on the left including Noam Chomsky, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Richard Wolfe and Alex Vitale.
- Pop culture and politics. We bring in writers and historians to discuss the music of Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash. We share a radical perspective on popular film and television including the Godfather, the Sopranos, the Trial of the Chicago Seven, the Simpsons and lots more.
- We did a whole series on the war in Ukraine and why it’s not as simple as CNN and MSNBC would have you believe. And we introduced you to the term #NATOLiberal in the process.
- We do LOTS of shows on direct action. From pro-choice direct action-istas in the streets of DC to animal rights to the forest defense movement, past and present, to the climate and anti-pipeline movements to labor struggles today. We bring the voices of real movements to the left podcast sphere while most other shows celebrate the useless opinions of failed comedians and wannabe pundits.
- We celebrate peoples’ history- the Battle in Seattle, the Wobblies, Watergate, the history of May Day, Kent State, more and more. Howard Zinn has nothing on us.
- Bob and Noam Chomsky took apart Oliver Stone’s bogus conspiracy theories. And Bob debated Stone’s screenwriter!
- Early episode access and Patreon exclusives.
- Our dry witty banter and wry sense of humor.
- Because Uncle Whiskers told you so. (We also had a great episode on his birthday this year).
The only question is why haven’t you become a Patron? Sign up now.